Most of the people who have a little bit of knowledge about human body and its functions know that cartilage plays a vital role in normal functioning of bones and joints and Glucosamine is a substance that plays a vital role in building up of cartilage. The medical conditions like arthritis and osteoarthritis emerge as a result of lack of cartilage or worn out cartilage. Cartilage is necessary to prevent the bones from friction, as the friction of bones with one another result in bone issues. Millions of people across the globe are suffering from bone health problems. Majority of these people have to consume glucosamine supplement to treat the sore and swollen joints. Cartilage is produced naturally in the fluid around the joints in bone marrow , in animal bones, Fungi and Shellfish.
Different types of glucosamine like glucosamine Sulfate derived from the shells of Shellfish to manufacture the dietary supplements.
What is Blackmores Glucosamine?
Blackmores Glucosamine is a dietary supplement manufactured by Australia’s number one brand named Blackmores. It is used for the improvement of joint and bone conditions that are a result of low quality cartridge or worn out cartilage. Blackmores manufactures the Glucosamine supplements under strict supervision, to maintain the quality of the products.
The range of Blackmore Glucosamine products are
How does it work?
If the use of Glucosamine supplement is taken regularly for the period recommended by the physician it improves the symptoms of mild arthritis. The improvement that occurs after taking glucosamine stays with you for at least three months after the discontinuation of glucosamine treatment after the time it was prescribed for. The glucosamine supplement helps in the production of cartilage which results in the relief of arthritis symptoms.
What are the ingredients used in Glucosamine supplement?
- The main natural source that is used in the making of glucosamine supplements is the extract of the shells of the shellfish. So other than the extract from shells the following are the main ingredients of Glucosamine:-
- Glucosamine sulfate sodium chloride complex :1.9 g (1884 mg)
- Glucosamine sulfate 1.5 g (1500 mg)
As some people are allergic to seafood Blackmores has started manufacturing Glucosamine form a vegetable source too, when you buy glucosamine check the label for the source of production.
Pros and cons of Glucosamine
Like all other supplements glucosamine also has some pros and cons of its use, the following are some of them:-
Among different types of Glucosamine, the type known as glucosamine sulfate 1500 that has the daily dosage of one a day has been manufactured scientifically approved form of Glucosamine.
- It helps improve the symptoms of arthritis and improves the natural production of cartilage.
- It helps improves the pan in joints .
- Helps improve joint flexibility and mobility.
- It helps ease away osteoarthritis pain.
- It helps reduce stiffness and swelling of joints.
- It even improves the function in people suffering from knee or hip arthritis.
- It decreases the speed of deterioration of the cartilage in old people.
- According to some of the health experts the sulfate present in glucosamine is the healing power for cartilage.
Just like people use Blackmores Evening primrose oil for the treatment of problems that are not commonly treated with it, there are many people who use Glucosamine for various reasons that are not commonly known to be treated with glucosamine. Some physicians have used
Glucosamine to treat the following health problems
- Weight loss
- Bladder problems
- Jaw pain
- Back pain
- Multiple Sclerosis
- HIV and AIDS
Though there is no scientific proof of its efficacy in any of the above mentioned conditions but people who have used it for the treatment have showed signs of improvement.
Cons of use of Glucosamine
Though if taken according to the doctor’s prescription most of the adults find it tolerable but people who are allergic to seafood should avoid using glucosamine of any type. There are some mild side effects that are related to the usage of glucosamine. Though the supplement is mostly tolerable and it suits most of the people easily but there are some less frequent side effects that do occur in people sensitive to any of the ingredients used in the making of the supplement. The following is a list of side effects that rarely occur in people using glucosamine.
- The treatment might not suit the people who have allergies of different types.
- Stomach upset
- All these side effects are rarely reported and go away after some days of use of Glucosamine.
According to some people the use of glucosamine may increase sugar levels in the patients of diabetes, but according to our investigations it does not have any harmful affect in people with type 2 diabetes.
- Some people who have high blood pressure should monitor their blood pressure as glucosamine has ample amount of sodium and can raise the blood pressure.
Adults: Take one tablet daily with a meal or as prescribed by the physician.
Children under 18 years: the children who are still not 18 should not use glucosamine without a physician’s subscription.
- Always read the label before buying a food supplement to make sure that you are not allergic to any of its ingredients.
- Administer according to the instructions.
- If you feel that the symptoms are getting worse you should discontinue the use of the supplement and consult your doctor immediately.
- Glucosamine contains approximately 150mg of sodium in each daily dose.
- There are no additive preservatives or color.
- It is free of traces of gluten and milk.
- It does not have any added sweetener.
- Glucosamine supplement contain soya bean.
- Glucosamine Sulfate Complex contains more sodium than simple Glucosamine sulfate so hypertensive patients should use with caution.
- It is not recommended to be used by lactating or pregnant women.
Where To Buy
It is easily available online. Buy Blockmores Online
“ I have been using Glucosamine for last two months and feeling just terrific all the stiffness I had early in the morning is now gone thanks to Glucosamine”. James Canada
“ just one month of treatment has changed my life altogether, the tasks I was afraid of doing due to my hip pain have now become so easy.” Ali Shah Dubai UAE