Pregnancy is the time when every woman needs special food and extra care. There are many women especially the working women who do not pay much attention to their health and do not know about the deficiencies they might be suffering from. According to the studies conducted in this matter a large percentage of women who become pregnant have a lot of nutritional deficiencies that have to be treated in their first trimester so that their pregnancy goes smooth and they deliver a perfectly healthy baby.
What is Blackmores Pregnancy?
Blackmores Pregnancy is the line of Blackmores products that help in healthy pregnancy. There are certain products that help in conception, the conception products include Blackmores Conceive Well Gold, are mostly used by the married couples who want to have children but due to age factor or other issues they fail to conceive. With regular use of Conceive Well Gold the majority of women have successful conception.
Only a successful conception does not guarantee a healthy baby and a normal pregnancy and one has to make some extra efforts to stay healthy and provide healthy nutrients for the baby. To help the women achieve their goal of a smooth and health pregnancy, Blackmores an Australian Company has launched a number of products to remove the deficiencies from the women and provide them with energy and power to manage their routine life and pregnancy side by side.
Most of the women have iron deficiency not only in pregnancy buy even before that and these low levels of iron are not good for the development of the baby so most of the doctors’ advise the ladies to start taking iron supplements right at the time they make up their mind to get pregnant. This is the time when women take I-folic that is the combination of folic acid and iodine that are two of the main nutrients that are need before and during pregnancies.
Blackmores Pregnancy And Breastfeeding products also helps mothers who are breast feeding to provide better nutritions to the babies.
Ingredients used in the making of Blackmores Pregnancy
- Iodine 150 microgram (Potassium iodide):197 microgram
Active thyroid glands are a must for normal metabolism and growth of human body, the thyroid gland produces a hormone known as thyroxin which plays a vital role in the development of the baby. At the time when infants are only on breast feed a mother should have adequate intake of iodine that secretes in the milk and reaches the baby, it plays a vital role in efficient growth and brain development of the baby. There are certain foods that contain iodine , these include seawater fish, shellfish, iodized salt and seaweeds.
- Folic acid:500 microgram
A water-soluble type of vitamin B known as foliate is plays a significant role in the synthesis of RNA and DNA and is responsible for the activation of vitamin B12 . The natural sources of Folic acid are broccoli, fresh green leafy vegetables, , legumes, mushrooms, fortified cereals and nuts.
- Cupric sulfate anhydrous(copper 1.3 mg) :3.3 mg
In the problem of Anemia most of the ladies have low level of hemoglobin, copper is a mineral that is responsible for a number of activities that are going on in the body they include production of hemoglobin and usage of glucose and Iron. The natural sources of copper include oysters, legumes and shellfish.
- Riboflavin(vitamin B2):1.5 mg
Vitamin B2 or Riboflavin is one of the water-soluble vitamins that work for the production of ATP and normal metabolism of many other vitamins that are a part of Vitamin B family. The natural sources of vitamin B2 are wild rice, almonds and mushrooms. This product may change the color of urine to bright yellow, it is harmless.
- Thiamine nitrate(vitamin B1):1.5 mg
Thiamine (vitamin B1) is a water-soluble vitamin that is required for conversion of carbohydrates into energy. Natural sources of vitamin B1 include whole grains, sunflower seeds, nuts, beans beef and pork.
- Manganese sulfate monohydrate(manganese 5 mg):15.4 mg
- Manganese is an important trace mineral that contributes to the production of blackberries, a number of the body's enzymes, including superoxide dismutase. Manganese is found in, pineapple, hazelnuts lentils, beans and whole grains.
- Zinc sulfate monohydrate(zinc 15 mg):41.6 mg
One of the essential trace elements that is required for the life of the living cells of the body. One such ingredient is the Zinc Sulfate monohydrate. There are almost 300 enzymes that need Zinc Sulfate for proper functioning. Zinc is found in oysters, meat, eggs, seeds and whole grains.
- Nicotinamide :20 mg
- Ferrous fumarate(iron 24 mg):75.4 mg
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride(vitamin B6):50 mg
- Cyanocobalamin(vitamin B12):50 microgram
- Magnesium oxide-heavy(magnesium 200 mg):350 mg
- Ascorbic acid:200 mg
- Calcium ascorbatedihydrate:363 mg
- Total vitamin C:500 mg
- Selenomethionine(selenium 65 microgram):161.5 microgram
- Biotin:100 microgram
- Calcium pantothenate(pantothenic acid, vitamin B5 4.6 mg):5 mg
- Fish oil- natural:500 mg containing omega-3 marine triglycerides approx. 165 mg
- Containing omega-3 marine triglycerides approx. 165 mg as:
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 125 mg
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 25 mg
- D-alpha-tocopheryl acetate(natural vitamin E 200 IU):147 mg
- Ubidecarenone(coenzyme Q10):60 mg
- Cholecalciferol(vitamin D 400 IU):10 microgram
- Beta-carotene:(from Dunaliella salina extract equivalent to fresh cell 37.5 mg) 1.5 mg
Adults – Ideal dose is to be taken six months before you want to conceive
1 capsule and 1 tablet daily with a meal or as prescribed.
Side Effects And Warning
- The ladies using Blackmores Conceive Well Gold should not take any other pregnancy supplement containing folic acid as it may cause overdose of many ingredients including folic acid.
- Do not use Blackmores Conceive Well if you have kidney stones.
- Blackmores Conceive Well should be used within the prescribed dosage as it contains Selenium which is toxic and over dosage is harmful.
- To avoid any side effects, you should first consult your physician and then start taking the supplements if the doctor permits.
- Always take your food supplements and medication as prescribed by your physician.
Pros and cons of Blackmores Pregnancy
Among the Blackmores pregnancy range the use of Conceive well helps meet the requirements of essential nutrients including folic acid, iodine, iron, omega 3 and CoQ 10.
Over dosage of any of the items containing selenium is harmful for health. People with kidney stones should not take any food supplement or folic acid without consulting the doctor.
Where To Buy
It is easily available online Blackmores Online Store